Center for Homeland Defense and Security Book List
(source) The Center for Homeland Defense and Security (CHDS) is located at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, CA. Since 2002, CHDS has conducted a wide range of programs focused on assisting current and future leaders in Homeland Defense and Security to develop the policies, strategies, programs and organizational elements needed to defeat terrorism in the United States. The programs are developed in partnership with and are sponsored by the National Preparedness Directorate, FEMA. All CHDS programs are focused on leadership development to enable the United States to win the war on terrorism. Through graduate- and executive-level coursework, seminars, and research, homeland security leaders gain the analytic skills and substantive expertise they need to counter terrorism. The programs also prepare leaders to bridge gaps in interagency and civil-military cooperation by bringing together a diverse range of participants to share perspectives and lay the foundation for long-term homeland security collaboration.
This revision was published January 2016.
- Introduction to Homeland Security
- The Unconventional Threat to Homeland Security
- Research and Writing for Homeland Security
- Intelligence for Homeland Security: Organizational and Policy Challenges
- Critical Infrastructure: Vulnerability Analysis and Protection
- Special Topics (prior to Winter 2016) OR Strategic Planning (Winter 2016 onward)
- Multi-discipline Approaches to Homeland Security
- Comparative Government for Homeland Security
- The Psychology of Fear Management and Terrorism
- Executive Leaders Program