The February 2011 revision of the United States Military Academy reading list
(source) It is hoped that this guide will continue to serve the dual purposes of encouraging officers to persist in their professional education and in providing a resource for those in the field to consult when developing their own reading programs.
- The Top Ten Military Classics
- Military Institutions and the Nature and Practice of War
- First Person Accounts, Memoirs and the Experience of War
- The History of American Wars
- Wars and Warfare From the Ancients through the 21st Century
- Top Ten Literary Works on Military Institutions, War, and Combat